FAMILY VALUES

Matthew 10:37
Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me


God demands a love beyond the love we have for our family. Matthew 10:37 is the verse where Jesus clearly presents who needs to be obeyed between your parents and God the Father. In Matthew 12:47-50, someone told Jesus that, "Your mother and your brothers are outside, and they want to speak to you." Jesus asked, "Who is my mother? Who are my brothers?" Then he pointed to his disciples and said, "These are my mother and brothers. Anyone who does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother!" Children should obey their parents because God has given that order. However, parents need to appreciate the privilege that God has given them in their children, but also realize that the very privilege should not be used to cause children to disobey Him.

Tell A Friend About Inspired Living!!!

No comments: