SEEING THE FACE OF GOD

2 Corinthians 4:6
For God, who said,
"Let there be light
in the darkness,"
has made us understand that
this light is the brightness
of the glory of God that is
seen in the face of Jesus Christ.




Fanny Crosby was one of the most prolific hymnists in history, writing over 8,000 hymns despite becoming blind shortly after birth. Crosby once said, “There is one hymn I have written which has never been published. I call it my soul’s poem. Sometimes when I am troubled, I repeat it to myself, for it brings comfort to my heart.” The lyrics to that hymn are, “Someday the silver cord will break, and I no more as now shall sing; but O the joy when I shall wake within the palace of the King! And I shall see Him face to face, and tell the story – saved by grace!” Crosby knew that when the moment would arrive that she'd see the face of Jesus, the reasons for everything that occurred in her life would become clear. There are things that have happened in our lives that are just unexplainable, painful and sometimes awful. Take comfort that our time on earth is short because we're really just passing through. There's peace in knowing that when the children of God see the face of Jesus it will be an unbelievably joyous affair where all unanswerable things will be explained, and all the things of the past will become blurry and distant memories of a time not even worth thinking about.

Tell A Friend About Inspired Living!!!