LEARNING FROM THE PAST

1 Corinthians 10:11
All these events happened to them as examples for us. They were written down to warn us, who live at the time when this age is drawing to a close.


In 1 Corinthians 10:11, Paul reminds us about the mistakes people have made in the past and the purpose of those mistakes. I recently read about a famed criminal lawyer and self-proclaimed atheist dying upon his deathbed who called for clergymen from three different types religious institutions. He said to them, “Gentlemen, I have written and spoken many things against God and churches during my lifetime. Now, I wished that I hadn’t! Now I realize it is entirely possible that I may have been wrong. So I should like to ask a final favor that each one of you intercede for me with the Almighty.” This was his final appeal and a last ditch effort to learn from his past. Everyone needs to learn from the past before it’s too late. Have you learned anything from the mistakes of your past?

Tell A Friend About Inspired Living!!!

1 comment:

Ronald(Bong) said...

I did some things in the past that doomed my mind and heart, but now I learned from the Highest which is God who disciplined me.