STRIVING FOR THE BIG PRIZE

1 Corinthians 9:25-27
All athletes practice strict self-control. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run straight to the goal with purpose in every step. I am not like a boxer who misses his punches. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.


Vincent Van Gogh once said, “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint’, then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” There are those that will discourage you from trying to successfully convert your dreams to reality, but remember that you’re already a success if you’ve received Jesus as your Savior. The only thing that you have to do thereafter is to discipline yourself to reach the potential that God designed for you. Remember that you cannot be a disciple of Jesus without self-discipline. Self-discipline will help you to achieve excellence in everything. Are you pursuing Christ with discipline and excellence in mind?

Tell A Friend About Inspired Living!!!

No comments: