STRUGGLING WITH YOURSELF


Romans 7:19-20
When I want to do good, I don't. And when I try not to do wrong, I do it anyway. But if I am doing what I don't want to do, I am not really the one doing it; the sin within me is doing it.
I once served at a family camp where a teenager asked me for permission to leave the campgrounds to smoke a cigarette. That teen was a new Christian and I knew that his flesh was likely already addicted to nicotine. The Apostle Paul clearly teaches us about the weaknesses of our flesh in Romans 7:19-20. Our body is weak because the old nature remains in us even when we have received Christ in our hearts as Savior. One day, however, God will change our sinful bodies into glorified bodies. For now the only remedy that can be prescribed to prevent falling into temptation is to make our spiritual lives strong enough to overcome our fleshly weaknesses. Is your spiritual life growing stronger or weaker today?

No comments: