YOU ALREADY WON


James 4:7
So humble yourselves before God. Resist the Devil, and he will flee from you.
The devil is like a roaring lion seeking whomever he may devour. While the thought of that may be frightening, we ought to remember the lesson John taught us in 1 John 4:4: “But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won your fight with these false prophets, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.” We may feel weak when dealing with the temptations of the devil, but Paul tells us in 2 Corinthians 12:10, “Since I know it is all for Christ's good, I am quite content with my weaknesses and with insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” Remember, if you've accepted the gift of Christ, the victory is already yours. All that's left to do is to resist the Devil.

No comments: