CONTROL YOUR TONGUE

Proverbs 13:3 says, “Those who control their tongue will have a long life; a quick retort can ruin everything.” So often we forfeit blessings that are for us because we can’t control a small piece of meat called the tongue. I’d read a funny story about an elderly man with a serious hearing problem. That man went to his doctor and was fitted for a hearing aid. Well, after one month the doctor said to the elderly man, "Your hearing is perfect. Your family must be really pleased that you can hear again." The old man retorted, "Oh… I haven't told my family. Now, I just sit around and listen to their conversations... I've already changed my will five times!" What does this all mean? If you just can’t control that small piece of meat in your mouth called your tongue, shut your mouth! It’s for your own good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA! that's a funny story..

it's like that old classic saying.. if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all ..

Anonymous said...

amen!

wow that was a smart thing to do...


we need to control our tongues and use it for spreading the good news!