A GOOD HEART

Do you follow your heart? Jeremiah 17:9 says, "The human heart is most deceitful and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?” Ugh!!! Well, this is a real an eye opener. I know a lot of people who’ll raise their eyebrows when they read this, but let me also share with you what Proverbs 23:26 says, “O my son, give me your heart. May your eyes delight in my ways of wisdom.” God is asking for our hearts, the seat of our emotions. When we rule in that seat, it’s only as good as who we are; but when we allow God to seat there, things are a whole lot different. I once heard somebody say that, “the heart of the problem is the problem of the heart.” That’s why Jesus said in Matthew 12:35, “A good person produces good words from a good heart, and an evil person produces evil words from an evil heart.” God is good as far as Jesus is concerned, just as he said in Mark 10:18, "Why do you call me good? Only God is truly good.” If we let God rule and reign in our hearts, our hearts will become good hearts.

No comments: