WISE AS A SERPENT

What is your decision making based upon? Matthew 10:16 says, “Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents…” When my family and I moved to the United States, I knew that God had brought us to a new place for a new life. At first, the new life for us in the US was very demanding, the culture very fast paced and it seemed like everyone was moving as fast as possible to catch the “American Dream”. With that said, my family decided together that the entire first paycheck I received would be offered to God. Sounds pretty risky, right? I knew, however, that in order to succeed in my new environment, I’d need to do the wisest thing – being obedient to God. Luke 6:38 says that, “If you give, you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full measure, pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, and running over. Whatever measure you use in giving – large or small – it will be used to measure what is given back to you." Today, we’ve got everything a family needs and we have it to the fullest. I never complain because there’s nothing to complain about.

No comments: