THE POWER OF WEAKNESS

2 Corinthians 12:10 says, “Since I know it is all for Christ's good, I am quite content with my weaknesses and with insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” In Besier’s play The Barretts of Wimpole Street, Elizabeth asks her husband, “O Robert, how can you love me when you are so strong and I am so weak?” Robert answers, “Elizabeth, my strength needs your weakness just as much as your weakness needs my strength.” Thankfully, Jesus doesn’t need our weakness, but we certainly need His strength. Paul quotes Jesus in 2 Corinthians 12:9 saying, "My gracious favor is all you need. My power works best in your weakness." Well, if that’s the case, be more than glad to boast about your weaknesses because the power of Christ is going to work through you because our weakness is God’s opportunity to show His power in our lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ptr Jundy,
First I'd like to say that I love your devotionals. I "googled" you :) In fact, I added it to our youth website: fireyouth.org
This is Ron of Day By Day, NJ. You were one of our main speakers during our workers seminar that was held earlier this year. I'm the youth director and we organized a summer camp for Aug 27-30. I've been trying to reach you to ask you if you could be one of our main speakers for our evening worship services. I apologize for the short notice.
Please contact me at your soonest convenience: 914-310-9719 or ronnunez(at)yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

amen!!!

we're weak but HE is strong♥