BOAST ABOUT YOUR CALAMITIES


2 Corinthians 12:9
My gracious favor is all you need. My power works best in your weakness. Since I know it is all for Christ's good, I am quite content with my weaknesses and with insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
In Rudolf Besier’s play The Barretts of Wimpole Street, the character Elizabeth asks her husband, “O Robert, how can you love me when you are so strong and I am so weak?” Robert answers, “Elizabeth, my strength needs your weakness just as much as your weakness needs my strength.” In an eerily similar way, the power of Christ is most potent when we are at our weakest. Since this is the case, we ought to be more than glad to boast about our weaknesses, hardships, persecutions, and calamities because we know that the Son of God is going to do something powerful through us. Our weaknesses are God’s opportunities to show us His power with extreme clarity. Don't groan when the hard times come upon you, but instead remember that when you are weak the gracious favor and power of Jesus is upon you ready to show itself through you.

Tell A Friend About Inspired Living!!!

No comments: