A RESTLESS SEARCH

John 14:1-4
Don't be troubled. You trust God, now trust in me.
There are many rooms in my Father's home,
and I am going to prepare a place for you.
If this were not so, I would tell you plainly.
When everything is ready, I will come and get you,
so that you will always be with me where I am.
And you know where I am going and how to get there.




Do you rest well? Is rest difficult for you to find? I'm reminded of the story of Rasselas by Dr. Samuel Johnson:
Rasselas was a prince of Abyssinia who lived in a beautiful valley called Happiness. Even though the valley was beautiful and conditions favorable for those who longed for happiness, the prince became restless, and longed to go abroad in search of something different. Despite remonstrance from his friends, Rasselas took his sister and set out in search of happiness which would fully satisfy his mind. Through many lands he wandered, visiting many cities everywhere inquiring for the whereabouts of happy people, but everywhere he went he met the same spirit of restlessness and discontent. At last he said to his sister, “Let us go back to our own home in the valley of Happiness, for there is nothing better under the sun.”
Isn't interesting how people can search restlessly for something that they already possess? I wish that I could take a vacation every time I felt I needed one and maybe even have a few escapades in far away land. Truth be told, we may not have enough vacation time in our lives, but don’t worry – Jesus prepared a place of eternal happiness for us. A place where true happiness and some much needed rest can be found.

Tell A Friend About Inspired Living!!!