TIME TO GET FIT

1 Timothy 4:8
Physical exercise has some value,
but spiritual exercise is much more
important, for it promises a reward
in both this life and the next.




There should be a balance between one's physical exercise and spiritual exercise, as well as the rewards that are involved. 1 Timothy 4:8 clearly states that physical exercise has some value. Sadly, some ministers and church leaders have a tendency to live an unbalanced lifestyle that focuses solely on spiritual exercise and zero physical exercise. This poor example of leadership trickles over to other church leaders, and right on down to church members and along to church attendees. It brings to mind the "Diet Prayer" by Jill Wolf:
“Dear Lord, help me to stick to this diet no matter how much I’m tempted to cheat. Grant me the strength to refuse second helpings, the patience to count calories, and the courage to step on the scales. May the refrigerator contain nothing fattening in the middle of the night when my will is weak and my hunger is strong. And lead me not into the temptation of chocolate. Bless me with good health and a healthy outlook to take this diet one day at a time. I ask your help in all these things so I can become the person I know you meant me to be. Amen.”
Face it. Your body is God’s temple. Take some time to take care of it and live healthy.

Tell A Friend About Inspired Living!!!

2 comments:

Ronald(Bong) said...

AMEN!

kcaparas said...

This was good & funny, yet true! God bless!