REMAIN FOCUSED

Joshua 14:14
Hebron still belongs
to the descendants of Caleb
son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite
because he wholeheartedly
followed the LORD,
the God of Israel.




Of the 12 spies sent by Moses, it was only Caleb and Joshua that believed the Promised Land could be taken by the Israelites. The remaining ten were pessimistic and fearful because of the “giants” already living on the Promised Land. For being optimistic and faithful, Moses promised Caleb a mountain as an inheritance. When Caleb was eighty five years old, he told Joshua, "Now, as you can see, the Lord has kept me alive and well as he promised for all these forty-five years since Moses made this promise – even while Israel wandered in the wilderness. Today I am eighty-five years old. I am as strong now as I was when Moses sent me on that journey, and I can still travel and fight as well as I could then. So I'm asking you to give me the hill country that the Lord promised me.” (Joshua 14:10-12) Caleb's eyes were always focused on his prize, the promise of God. What's God’s promise to you? Have you set your eyes on your prize? It may take some faith, and others may not see what you see (in face, some may never see it), but God's promise and prize are completely worth your remaining focused.

Tell A Friend About Inspired Living!!!

3 comments:

Ronald(Bong) said...

AMEN! THERE COULD BE TRIALS ON THE PROMISE THAT GOD HAS GIVEN, SO JUST FOCUSED ON YOUR FAITH, AND GOD WILL HELP YOU! 1 Corinthians 10:13

Unknown said...

1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
-heb. 12:1-2

amen let's fix our eyes to JESUS!!!

Anonymous said...

amen!