TAKING IT PERSONALLY

Psalm 28:7
The Lord is my strength,
my shield from every danger.
I trust in him with all my heart.
He helps me, and my heart
is filled with joy.
I burst out in
songs of thanksgiving.




In 1860, a huge crowd gathered to watch the famous tightrope walker, Blondin, walk across Niagara Falls. He had performed this stunt (a 1,000 foot walk, 160 feet above the raging falls) numerous times before. On a lark, he asked the crowd if they believed that he was capable of carrying a person on his back while walking the rope across the falls and the crowd roared their encouragement. Blondin then approached one of the roaring spectators and asked him to get on his back, but the man refused! You see, nothing’s real until things get personal and risks becomes mortally real. David, who was called "a man after God's own heart," could have given up on God’s promise that he’d become king because for nearly 20 years he was on the run from authorities. Well, that’s pretty personal now, isn’t it? David just kept on believing that God would be with him through his trials and that he would emerge victorious. David eventually emerge victorious and, amazingly, it's pretty personal when your victory becomes realized, too.

Tell A Friend About Inspired Living!!!