MOVIN' ON UP

Philippians 3:14
I strain to reach the end
of the race and receive
the prize for which God,
through Christ Jesus,
is calling us up to heaven.




One of my all time favorite hymns is Higher Ground which was written in 1892 by Johnson Oatman, Jr.
I’m pressing on the upward way,
new heights I’m gaining every day;
still praying as I’m onward bound,
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.
Lord, lift me up and let me stand,
by faith, on Heaven’s table land,
A higher plane than I have found;
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.
My heart has no desire to stay
where doubts arise and fears dismay;
though some may dwell where those abound,
my prayer, my aim, is higher ground.
Paul wrote in Colossians 3:1-2, “Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits at God's right hand in the place of honor and power. Let heaven fill your thoughts. Do not think only about things down here on earth.” There's really not much more to add. If you're a believer in Christ, you're heaven bound and heading upward to higher ground.

Tell A Friend About Inspired Living!!!

1 comment:

Ronald(Bong) said...

AMEN!I WAS REALLY PUT ON HIGHER GROUND! thank you