TRULY BEAUTIFUL

1 Peter 3:3
Your beauty should not come
from outward adornment,
such as braided hair and
the wearing of gold
jewelry and fine clothes.




An attractive older woman was asked about her beauty secrets. Her reply was this: "I use for my lips, truth; for my voice, kindness; for my eyes, compassion; for my hands, charity; for my figure, decency; for my heart, love; for any who do not like me, prayer." Notice the ties to what Jesus teaches us in Mark 7:14-15, "Listen to me, everyone, and understand this. Nothing outside a man can make him 'unclean' by going into him. Rather, it is what comes out of a man that makes him 'unclean.'" I guess it can be argued that what comes out of us is entirely dependent upon what we allow to be put into us. If we take a stance to fill ourselves only with good things, and we ask Jesus to truly live in our hearts and lives, then only true beauty could come out of you. At the end of the day, nothing that you can adorn yourself with can make you beautiful the way Jesus can. Nothing.

Tell A Friend About Inspired Living!!!