CHOSEN DESPITE

John 15:16
You didn't choose me. I chose you.

Was there a time that you were chosen for something, but you weren’t the first choice? My wife once held a children’s Sunday school class activity where the kids would receive pieces of candy as a treat. The way the activity worked was that as the lesson was being taught, she had the kids pass a bag of candy around. Each child picked out one piece of candy without looking in the bag. One got a strawberry flavored candy, another picked out a piece of chocolate, while another selected a lollipop, and so on and so forth. There were some, however, that picked out sour balls and upon tasting the candy they'd quickly spit it out. At the core of the lesson, she asked the children, “If you were a piece of candy, do you think Jesus would think that you tasted sweet?” “Of course!” they all said. One child said, “We’d be too sweet to taste for Jesus!” Well, this is actually true. You see, it doesn’t matter if your life is sour, messed up, dirty or unwanted because Jesus loves you so much and he’s chosen you despite who you are because He wants your life to be renewed and lasting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen. It's so true. Sometimes it seems that we chose to accept Him into our hearts but He's always been there, since the Beginning, and all we did was finally submit ourselves and acknowledge His presence. All of us live a life where we sin but He chose us and He loves us. We're so unworthy but He is our God with UNFAILING LOVE =]

Anonymous said...

John 15:16 was given to me the next day I got saved. God told me that I didnt choose him but he chose me. It warms my heart and puts a smile on my face, that I was pre-destined to serve him, to he one of his followers. Ephesians1:4 says " According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love."