EYES ON THE PRIZE

Joshua 14:14
Hebron still belongs to the descendants of Caleb
son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite because he wholeheartedly
followed the LORD, the God of Israel.

Of the 12 spies sent by Moses, it was only Caleb and Joshua that believed the Promised Land could be taken. The remaining ten were pessimistic because of the “giants” already living there. Because of his faith, Moses promised Caleb a mountain as an inheritance. When Caleb was eighty five years old, he told Joshua, "Now, as you can see, the Lord has kept me alive and well as he promised for all these forty-five years since Moses made this promise – even while Israel wandered in the wilderness. Today I am eighty-five years old. I am as strong now as I was when Moses sent me on that journey, and I can still travel and fight as well as I could then. So I'm asking you to give me the hill country that the Lord promised me.” (Joshua 14:10-12) Caleb's eyes were always focused on his prize, the promise of God. What's God’s promise to you? Have you set your eyes on your prize? It may take some faith, and others may not see what you see, but God's promise and prize are completely worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if God reveals it to you, He will use/give it to you in His time not ours. It's our true test of patience and trust in Him.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declared the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
- Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

"We were saved, and we have this hope. If we see what we are waiting for, that is not really hope. People do not hope for something they already have. But we are hoping for something we do not have yet, and we are waiting for it patiently."
- Romans 8:24-25 (NCV)