ABUNDANCE

How much do you have in the bank? Do you have a lot saved? Are you really rich? In 1976, the Swedish pop group Abba sang “Money, Money, Money.” Money has been the pursuit of almost everyone the world over and is considered a very hot commodity. We all wish that we had a lot of it at times, right? I know the feeling. I’d be lying to you if I said I didn’t like money. Jesus told a story about a man who wealthy and had planned out the perfect way to have more. In Luke 12:16-21 it reads, "A rich man had a fertile farm that produced fine crops. In fact, his barns were full to overflowing. So he said, 'I know! I'll tear down my barns and build bigger ones. Then I'll have room enough to store everything. And I'll sit back and say to myself, “My friend, you have enough stored away for years to come. Now take it easy! Eat, drink, and be merry!”’ But God said to him, ‘You fool! You will die this very night. Then who will get it all?’ Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God." That man had an abundance of money and savings but a large deficit in his relationship with God. Do not be deceived – invest more on your relationship with God rather than worldly riches. A great relationship with God is where you’ll find true abundance.

No comments: