LIVE PASSIONATELY

What is it that you desire to accomplish with your life? Galatians 2:20 says, “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” Many have committed to die for causes they believed in. The WWII Kamikaze pilots shocked the world with their passionate belief that their mission was to destroy and die for their country. Differently, here are some well-known missionaries that declared their passion through their prayers:
  • GEORGE WHITEFIELD, famous English evangelist said, “O Lord, give me souls, or take my soul.”
  • HENRY MARTYN, missionary, cried as he knelt on India’s coral strands are, “Here, let me burn out for God.
  • DAVID BRAINERD, missionary to the North American Indians, 1718-1747, declared, “Lord, to you I dedicate myself. Oh, accept of me, and let me be yours forever. Lord, I desire nothing else; I desire nothing more.”
  • DWIGHT L. MOODY said, “Use me, then, my Savior, for whatever purpose and in whatever way you will require. Here is my heart, an empty vessel, fill it with your Grace.”
God is not looking somebody to die passionately for Him, but rather for those who would live passionately for Him.

No comments: