EXCUSES

How often do you find yourself make excuses for things? The Bible says in James 5:12, “Just say a simple yes or no, so that you will not sin and be condemned for it.” Be aware of excuses because they usually lean toward lies, and lying leads to death and separation. I’d once read a story about a teenager that was in counseling who said, “I’m sixteen and I made up my mind not to drink… but people make it very hard for me to refuse. They keep insisting and pressing, and some even get angry if I say, ‘I’m sorry, I’d rather have a soda.’ So what’s the best way to refuse?” His counselor replied, “No need to say, ‘I’m sorry’ because you’re inviting them to persuade you if you sound like you’re apologizing. All you need to say is ‘Thanks, but I only drink soda.’ If you can just get the knack of being proud and grateful for being able to hold your standards without feeling awkward or intolerant, you’re going to be a nice example of a human being.” Let your yes be yes and your no be no. No excuses. No apologies.

2 comments:

jesusfreak said...

let your "YES" be "YES" and your "NO" be "NO"

AMEN TO JESUS CHRIST

Anonymous said...

amen !!
a yes is a yes && a no is a no.