A STRATEGY FOR SUCCESS

Do you want to experience some major successes? Well, what’s your strategy? In 1934, Joe Louis became the World Heavyweight Boxing Champion and went on to successfully defend his title twenty five times over fifteen years. Bill Stern, the sports voice of Louis’ day, asked Louis how he’d been able to knock out his opponents so quickly in almost every fight. After a few moments, the champ answered, “Two things – first, I study my opponent until I know him better than he knows himself; and second, I make a plan of attack.” Jesus told the disciples and his followers a classic and effective strategy to attain victory. First, you must give your full commitment and allegiance to your Commander-in-chief. Luke 14:26 says, "If you want to be my follower you must love me more than your own father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, more than your own life. Otherwise, you cannot be my disciple.” Secondly, in Luke 14:33 Jesus teaches us, “So no one can become my disciple without giving up everything for me.” There’s got to be an end to your personal desires and plans for success; you have to succumb to the Master’s strategy for your success.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN. as hard as it will be, we have to learn to surrender EVERYTHING to God. we have to trust that He will take care of all of our desires. once we do that, He will use us in marvelous ways to grow His Kingdom.