A BITTER PILL TO SWALLOW


Acts 8:23
For I can see that you are full of bitterness and held captive by sin.
A preacher once told a story about an emotionally broken woman who had suffered a great tragedy. She was complaining bitterly about her life, “I wish to God that I had never even been made!” One of her friends very wisely asked, “Why would you wish that? You’re not even made yet, you’re still in the process of being made, but you’re arguing with God during the process.” Bitterness is a prison that holds you captive in the same way as sin. Learn to let go of your bitterness following Paul’s example from 2 Timothy 1:12, “I know the one in whom I trust, and I am sure that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until the day of his return.” There’s just no point in being full of bitterness when you’ve already come to trust God. Are you bitter about anything today? Is there any reason that you can't let go?

No comments: