GONE IN A SPLIT SECOND


Philippians 3:8-10
Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the priceless gain of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I may have Christ and become one with him. I no longer count on my own goodness or my ability to obey God's law, but I trust Christ to save me. For God's way of making us right with himself depends on faith. As a result, I can really know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I can learn what it means to suffer with him, sharing in his death.
I’ve wondered to myself about the world's wealthiest people and what they may have had to give up to amass such enormous wealth. Is it really a gain having such large sums of money when all would be lost in a quick moment upon losing your life? The Word of God teaches us about the priceless gain beyond money that believers can obtain by knowing Jesus as Lord. If you know Jesus as your Savior, when your physical life comes to an end you don’t lose your treasures – you actually obtain your treasures fully and completely. Are you fully realizing your treasures today?

No comments: