THE PROMISE OF HEAVEN


John 11:25
Jesus told her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die like everyone else, will live again.”
In a single week, I attended two funerals. Two mothers had passed away leaving their children as orphans. I was amazed at the two different perspectives that the families received their sad news. One set of children were unsaved and crying at their mother’s death bed without the hope of heaven, feeling that they would never see their mom again. On the other hand were children that were saved by grace who received their mother’s passing with loneliness, but with hope because of the promise of heaven. The second set of kids reminded me of an African Christian tribe that joyfully refers to their dead as having "arrived". Have you made sure that your most precious loved ones are heading to heaven if they should pass? Better yet, have you made sure that you yourself are heading to heaven?

No comments: