LEARN FROM THE PAST


1 Corinthians 10:11
All these events happened to them as examples for us. They were written down to warn us, who live at the time when this age is drawing to a close.
In 1 Corinthians 10:11, Paul reminds us about the mistakes people have made in the past and the purpose of those mistakes. I recently read about a famed criminal lawyer and self-proclaimed atheist dying upon his deathbed who called for clergymen from three different types religious institutions. He said to them, “Gentlemen, I have written and spoken many things against God and churches during my lifetime. Now, I wished that I hadn’t! Now I realize it is entirely possible that I may have been wrong. So I should like to ask a final favor that each one of you intercede for me with the Almighty.” This was his final appeal and a last ditch effort to learn from his past. Everyone needs to learn from the past before it’s too late. Have you learned anything from the mistakes of your past?

No comments: