THE GOLD STANDARD


Psalm 119:115
Get out of my life, you evil-minded people, for I intend to obey the commands of my God.
In life, there simply have to be standards that people live by obediently. If we didn't have these standards, there's no telling how a free-flowing world might influence a person. John Wanamaker, the department store mogul once wrote, “I made my biggest purchase when I was eleven years old. In a little mission Sunday school, I bought from my teacher a small, red, leather Bible. The Bible cost me $2.75 – which I paid in installments. That was my greatest purchase, for that Bible made me what I am today.” The New York Herald Tribune captioned its story on Wanamaker’s billion dollar wealth with, “Later deals in millions called small compared with buying Holy Writ at 11.” If you obey God’s commands and make His Word your standard, surely your life will be blessed. What are you using today to set your life's standards?

No comments: