FOR THE WEARY AND HEAVY BURDENED

Matthew 11:28-30
Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light.



How do you deal with life and it's daily pressures? When I was a child, I studied martial arts so that I'd be physically ready for some tough kids that I might encounter on the streets. While practicing, I'd sometimes get so pumped up that I'd feel like I was in a real fight! The world sometimes feels like an endless battle that leaves us exhausted, tired and dying. Even powerful world leaders with extensive resources at their disposal can become exhausted. Here are some interesting quotes depicting exhaustion from the farewell statements of a few American presidents:
George Washington - “I’d rather be in the grave than in the presidency again”

Thomas Jefferson - “Never did a prisoner released from his chains feel such relief as I shall in shaking off the shackles of power”

James Buchanan (addressing Abraham Lincoln) - “If you are as happy, dear Sir, on entering this house as I am on leaving it, you are the happiest man in the country”
Life doesn’t have to be like this! Jesus taught us in Matthew 11:28 that He will give us rest - if we come to Him. Fight the good fight of life and it's pressures, but do it with Jesus as a partner. You'll find that old exhausting load to be much lighter and your journey will be much sweeter.



Tell A Friend About Inspired Living!!!

No comments: