HANDLING DEPRESSION

Psalm 73:25-26
Whom have I in heaven but you?
I desire you more than anything
on earth. My health may fail,
and my spirit may grow weak,
but God remains the strength
of my heart; He is mine forever.




Depression will attack you when you're burdened with problems and you feel like you’re all alone. It can be enslaving and people in this kind of situation will sometimes go to great measures to find escape. It could be drugs, alcohol or even shopping, but the sad reality is that those "solutions" don't make the real problem go away. Asaph, the author of Psalm 73, admits his burden and dipping emotional state in verse 2 when he sang, “But as for me, I came so close to the edge of the cliff! My feet were slipping, and I was almost gone.” We later find that Asaph was reassured of God's security and refuge. The more that we desire God, the stronger we become in times of trials and problems because He becomes the center strength of your heart. Have God at your core and when your down days arrive you'll find yourself content in His peace rather than depressed within your emotions.

Tell A Friend About Inspired Living!!!

1 comment:

Ronald(Bong) said...

AMEN! THAT ENCOURAGES ME A LOT