WATCH YOUR TONGUE

Proverbs 21:23
If you keep your mouth shut;
you will stay out of trouble.




I read this funny story about an elderly woman complaining to a person next to her about today's youth. “Look at that girl wearing boy’s jeans, a boy’s shirt, and that haircut is so boyish. You wouldn’t know she was a girl at all, would you?” The person replied, “I’d know because she’s my daughter.” The embarrassed woman said, “Oh dear, I’m so sorry – I didn’t know you were her father.” And with that the parent responded, “I’m not, I’m her mother.” Christians, be careful with your words. You should always try to choose words that can edify people and yourself. Paul said Ephesians 4:29, “Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.” There's power in your words, so know when to use them and when to keep your mouth shut.

Tell A Friend About Inspired Living!!!