A BROOK ALONG THE WAY

Psalm 110:7
But he himself will be refreshed from
brooks along the way. He will be victorious.




French art critic Jean Francois Raffaeli once had an opportunity to watch artist Jean Baptiste Corot paint a meadow while they sat in a field. Raffaeli saw that Corot had painted a small lake, even though there wasn't a lake in the field before them. He asked Corot, “Is it acceptable to paint a lake when there is no lake?” Corot replied, “Young man, I have been here in the field since six this morning. I became very thirsty, so I put water in the picture to refresh myself.” If you're a child of God, you don't have to worry about conjuring up your own thirst quenchers because as you travel the journey of life through this sometimes dry and thirsty land, be rest assured that God will place brooks along the way for you. As a child of God, you're already victorious and He will never let you down.

6 comments:

jesusfreak said...

God will supply all our needs..
AMEN!

Anonymous said...

that song is HOTTTTT! lovin' it! keep it rockin cuz God's the livin' water yo.

Anonymous said...

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”

- john 16:33

God will never give us trial and tribulations that we can not handle!!!!


The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.

- 1.cor 10:13

GOD will never leave you nor forsake you?!?!?!?

Anonymous said...

i really like what you wrote. alot of times i forget to rely on God for whats in front of me and i try to do it myself. i needed this reminder.

Anonymous said...

yes AMEN!

he will never let us down.

Anonymous said...

i like the part where you say that you dont have to conjure up your own thirst quenchers! im an athlete and my coaches always tell me n my teammates to drink water and gatorade during our games. life is just like an intense game of football, except in life you have the living water Jesus. and just when you think youre out of living water God puts another brook of water in front of your face.