SERVE GOD WHEN CALLED

Ecclesiastes 5:4
So when you make a promise to God,
don't delay in following through,
for God takes no pleasure in fools.
Keep all the promises you make to him.



Reverend W.A. Criswell once told a story about the time he surrendered to serve God. “I stood near the platform. I was twelve. Beside me an elder must have been close to seventy who’s been running away from the calling of the LORD who now surrendered to serve GOD. He was thin and haggard. His skin was wrinkled and burned from farming. He walked with a severe limp, and his arms and hands trembled. He was the brother of the preacher. That Sunday morning, everybody gathered to hear him testify. He stood before us creaky and rheumatic. His voice was weak. His body bent. Never once did he look up at us. It was impossible to hear him past the front row, but the congregation strained to listen. It was moving, and, at the same time, it was tragic. It was a lesson that I will never forget. If you’re going to serve the Lord, you sure better do it now.” Time is a gift that's given to all of us. None of us, however, know how much time has been given to us. If God called you to serve Him, hasten to the call and serve Him when called. You certainly don't want to answer the call when your time is almost up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome! don't b a time waster or u'll b an old man trembling during ur testimony!

Anonymous said...

amen!

Anonymous said...

Yea you know I think I needed to hear this today, because in the back of my mind I have been thinking about what I want to do for God but I never thought about my promise to Him I made a long time ago... thanks for posting this devotional! and God Bless you all.