SUFFERING

2 Timothy 1:12
And that is why I am suffering here in prison.
But I am not ashamed of it,
for I know the one in whom I trust,
and I am sure that he is able to guard what
I have entrusted to him until the day of his return.



The Apostle Paul was imprisoned because he preached the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I think it is a fair to say that it is a great privilege for one to go through pain and suffering brought about by their service unto the Lord. In the pain and suffering are moments of complete identification with Jesus Christ who himself walked upon a path much worse than we tread. John 15:20 tells us that Jesus taught, "Do you remember what I told you? ‘A servant is not greater than the master.’ Since they persecuted me, naturally they will persecute you. And if they had listened to me, they would listen to you!" Just serve the Lord despite any anguish because any blood, sweat or tears become a true badge of honor.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't be surprised if people will not accept us for following Jesus. That is to be expected, because as a christian we are going against the flow!
Our lifestyle is not of this world. we are better off than those who are going after what this world can offer.

Anonymous said...

wow. amen! i def needed this. thank you pjunds.


1 Corinthians 10:13

Anonymous said...

amen!!!