TRUE BEAUTY

1 Peter 3:3
Your beauty should not come from outward adornment,
such as braided hair and
the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes.



An beautiful older woman was asked about her beauty secrets. Her reply was this: "I use for my lips, truth; for my voice, kindness; for my eyes, compassion; for my hands, charity; for my figure, decency; for my heart, love; for any who do not like me, prayer." Notice the ties to what Jesus teaches in Mark 7:14-15, "Listen to me, everyone, and understand this. Nothing outside a man can make him 'unclean' by going into him. Rather, it is what comes out of a man that makes him 'unclean.'" I guess it can be argued that what comes out of us is entirely dependent upon what we allow to be put into us. If we take a stance to fill ourselves with good things only, and ask Jesus to truly live in our hearts and lives, only true beauty can come out of you. At the end of the day, nothing that you can adorn yourself with can make you beautiful the way Jesus can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

True beauty is so hard to practice everyday- If all of us did this we will all have a better place to live.

Well why not start now........

Anonymous said...

wow. amen. God bless pjunds.


true beauty is only true when CHRIST is in us.. who is the way, the TRUTH, and the life (=