TAKE JOY

Psalm 40:8
I take joy in doing your will, my God,
for your law is written on my heart.



David ran from the pursuits of King Saul for nearly twenty years. On several occasions, he had opportunities to kill Saul, but David understood the principle not harming God’s anointed leader. Regardless of Saul's wrong doings, David understood that blessings comes from the Lord, as well as vengeance. The joy of doing God’s will isn’t based upon the good things happening in one's life, but rather upon following the instructions of the Word of God. David said, “Your law is written in my heart,” and in Psalm 119:11 he said, “I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.” Doing the will of God leaves the sin out of our lives and brings the joy into our lives. It's definitely worth doing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if we are done unjustly, God won't let that pass, because He loves us. let us just learn to give Him our 100% trust and dependence.