YOUR FUTURE

Psalm 31:15
My future is in your hands.
Rescue me from those
who hunt me down relentlessly.



J. H. Bomberger once told a story about a brave officer at the sinking of the troop-ship HMS Birkenhead. A young officer by the name of Alexander Cumine Russell was already safe aboard a lifeboat when he spotted another sailor swimming above the waterline close to another nearby lifeboat. Russell spotted a woman screaming out to that swimming sailor and pointing at a drowning man, “Save him! He is my husband!” There was nothing, however, that the swimming sailor could do because there was no more room for another person aboard the lifeboat. Russell looked at the woman and her children and the struggling sailor then jumped into the water to help the woman's drowning husband to his own place of safety. Russell then disappeared drowning into the sea. That sacrifice is similar to that which Jesus had given to us when He gave His life for us. We who should die, were given a chance to live and have a glorious future because of the sacrifice of the Lamb of God. All along, since before you were born, your future has been in His hands.

Tell A Friend About Inspired Living!!!

3 comments:

Doug Farrar said...

Good stuff! I like your Blog! What are you doing in New York? I have a graduate from my school up there going to King's College. She's struggling a bit with the secular scene in NYC. Maybe you have a college group?

Email me and God Bless!

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!

that was goood :]

thanks pjunds!

Anonymous said...

wow & AMEN!
Thank you Pastor Jundy, GOD BLESS!